Tuesday, July 19, 2011

the perfect pancake

freshly picked

I can't resist a good pancake recipe. This became very clear when I recently counted exactly how many pancake recipes I have bookmarked: 31. That's thirty-one DIFFERENT recipes, all for pancakes!

But testing those recipes will have to be put on hold for a little while, because I have a new favorite. To be honest, I didn't really expect much from this recipe. It seemed pretty basic and I worried it might be a bit bland. Since I had some fresh blueberries I decided to throw those in too.

blueberry pancakes

Oh my.

These turned out to be the most fluffy, golden, delicious pancakes I've had in a while. The cornmeal added texture and there was enough baking powder to really let them puff up, even though I used almond milk instead of real dairy. And I'd forgotten how much better blueberry pancakes are with fresh berries versus frozen.

Next time I make these I'll probably use more whole wheat flour, but they were lovely just like this too. Yum.


No comments: