Monday, January 25, 2010

monday music: basia bulat


I stumbled across a track from Basia Bulat a very long time ago, before her debut album had even been released in the US. She's one of those artists who immediately captured my attention and my heart with her music. Her second album, Heart of My Own, is being released by Rough Trade today and it promises to be just as lovely as her first. Judging by the two tracks I've heard so far, this album is going to be getting some serious play in my house. With a multitude of instruments at her disposal, and a stunningly clear voice, Bulat has a sound that's all her own. You can listen to tracks from the new album on the Rough Trade website, and check out her site for tour dates and other info.

Go! Listen! Or at the very least watch this video for In the Night, one of my favorite songs off her debut album, Oh, My Darling.

No comments: