Wednesday, January 6, 2010

kitchen adventures

I would like to introduce you to my new favorite cookbook.


That's right, I'm talking about Molly Wizenberg's A Homemade Life. I started reading Orangette back in November (I know, I'm totally late to the game on this one) and immediately put her book on my Christmas list. It took some self-control not to sneak out and buy it before then, but I was rewarded on Christmas morning. I love this book. I finished it that day and then went back with post-it notes to bookmark all the recipes I want to try. Since then I've been spending plenty of time in the kitchen. Right now I have a chocolate cake in the freezer, just waiting for the right day, and this afternoon I roasted up some cauliflower to have with this salsa verde.

A picture really doesn't do this justice. If only you could smell it! It was so fresh and summery that I almost forgot we're still stuck in the heart of January. With the holidays over it's hard not to start dreaming of spring, and my thoughts keep drifting towards garden plans and sun that holds a bit of heat. Ah, well. All in good time I suppose.

No comments: