Sunday, January 3, 2010

fresh and new

Happy New Year!!!
I hope you are all as excited as I am to see the dawn of 2010. Despite being sick I managed to have a very nice 2009 sendoff, complete with yummy food, backyard fireworks, and the best people.

It has been snowing almost nonstop since Friday, which seems very fitting to me. Everything seems new each morning, and I have been thinking about all the things I would like to see come out of this year.

I am not one for making resolutions. They tend to make me freeze up and feel more obligated than resolute. But I am writing down a list of things that I feel excited about doing, and having it all down there on paper makes me even more inspired and happy about the idea of doing them. Right now everything feels like a clean slate waiting to be drawn upon and that makes me very happy indeed.

1 comment:

Jaeveberry said...

happy new year! i'm jealous of your colder weather. it's been in the 70's here in LA, you'd think we'd love it but gosh, i wish we could feel 'winter' for just a little longer!