Thursday, May 5, 2011

strawberry dreams

After such a long winter, the spring air makes me positively giddy. My mind is full of warm weather planning and I can't stop marveling at all the green that has suddenly sprung up around me. The maple leaves are unfurling around our house and I just ordered some materials for the perfect warm weather activity (more on that soon). And now my thoughts turn to strawberries. They're not here yet, but they will be soon and I can already taste the jam. We made a batch last year and it was the best I've ever eaten. It barely lasted into winter, but every time I opened a jar the fresh strawberry taste brought me back to June in my mom's kitchen.









1 comment:

debabroad said...

YES PLEASE!
Dreaming of summer and of jam - should we make more this time?