Today I finally got to work on a project I've been thinking about for quite some time: fabric dyeing! I've been itching to create my own colors and combinations for sewing with. After ordering some materials to get started with I was ready to go.
I tried three different methods to give me an idea of what worked best and would give me the effect I was going for. Right now these sodden pieces of fabric are sitting in my bathtub, waiting until the dye is fully absorbed and can be washed out tomorrow. I'm very eager to see the results. I don't really expect to get it exactly right on the first go, but it was fun to work with color and get my hands dirty, no matter how they come out. Hopefully I'll have pictures of the finished product later this week!