Monday, December 6, 2010

monday music: christmas countdown, week two

christmas lights pt. 01

It was bitter cold outside today, but flurries in the air kept me quite cheerful every time I looked out the window.

I've been listening to the songs in today's mix quite a bit lately, but that doesn't mean I'm any less excited to share them with you today. There's a few of my absolute favorites mixed in here, like Okkervil River's Listening to Otis Redding at Home During Christmas, and The Dirtbombs' My Last Christmas. I like cheerful bells jingling and happy tunes, but some of the songs I love best are a bit (or a lot) melancholy. It reflects the season as it is, after all. Everything is felt more keenly around the holidays, sadness as well as joy, and I've always enjoyed songs that have a good helping of angst. And how can you not like a song with a title like Did I Make You Cry On Christmas Day? (Well, You Deserved It!)? So, with all that being said, I hope you enjoy this week's mix!

Listen HERE.

No comments: