Monday, August 16, 2010

something impossible

This past week I finally tried out the Impossible Project's PX Color film. I was really excited to play around with it after seeing some of the shots the boy took with it. It's the first flush, so the film has a tendency to be a bit unpredictable, and it's very light sensitive so we had to rig up a little shade to protect our pictures as soon as they came out. It's also heavy on the blue tones, so we ended up trying a warming filter to let the other colors show up more.

Overall, I'd say it's a bit rough starting out, but the unpredictability of the film grows on you. You can get some very nice results if you're patient, and I really like the dreamy quality. I'm rather hoping the first flush will go on sale eventually so I can mess around with it a bit more.



No comments: