Wednesday, May 19, 2010

not quite monday music

Isn't it funny that when I have the most ideas buzzing around in my brain and the best things to post about happening around me, I have no time to blog about them? That's irony for you, I suppose.

Things have been busy around these parts lately, between graduation parties, work, late night reading, garden planning and impromptu trips to Albany, I haven't spent much time on the computer. It was over a week ago now that the polaroids in this post were taken. To celebrate Deb and Tiff graduating we invited all our families and a bunch of friends over. Many cupcakes were consumed and a dachshund puppy was in attendance, so I would say the party was a definite success. Hopefully we will have time for at least one more before our lease is up at the end of next month and we have to say goodbye to our lovely house.

(The graduates. Don't they have awesome taste in footwear?)

Anyway, I haven't really gotten around to the point of this post yet, which is music. Normally I do a music post on Mondays, but this week I was rather occupied with planning my very last radio show, so I decided to delay posting until today. I've had a show for three years now and it's been an absolutely wonderful experience that introduced me to some of the people I'm closest to now. It's one of those things that I can look back on and honestly say changed the course of my life. But there comes a time to move on, and for me that time is now.

Seeing as I'm a sentimental person, I've been feeling a bit down since signing off the airwaves, so today I'm bringing you the highlights of my last show. These are some of my all time favorite songs. Even though I've played them countless times, I had to bring them out for one last hurrah.

I'll be back tomorrow with a cheery post about our trip to Albany. For now, I hope you enjoy listening to these songs as much as I do... even though it's bittersweet.

No comments: