Monday, May 3, 2010

monday music: deer tick

It's kind of amazing that I haven't talked about Deer Tick before now considering how much I love their music. Then again, I also forgot to mention them when listing my best of 2009 albums. My reasoning for these oversights is this: As soon as I heard their music it was like I'd been hearing it forever. Born On Flag Day was an instant favorite for me, and I felt like I'd been listening to it for years. It still hasn't gotten old.

I went to see them live last fall and was happy to discover that the band puts on a great live show as well. Lots of energy and good times. These guys have a distinct southern sound, despite the fact that they hail from Rhode Island.

A few weeks back I was lucky enough to listen to a track off of their forthcoming album, The Black Dirt Sessions. I can't even tell you how many times I've played it. I love it so much. So, so much. Not the most eloquent description, I know. So I found this audio clip for you. Listen to it for yourself and hopefully you will feel the same way about it.



No comments: