Monday, March 1, 2010

monday music: a mix for spring 2010


Happy March! It may not officially be spring yet, but today did feel different. The air was mild for the first time in ages, and it's starting to smell like spring. I celebrated by buying a bouquet of freesia to put on my bedside table. What a glorious sight to wake up to! And they make the whole room smell amazing.

Since thoughts of warmer weather are stuck in my mind today, I thought I'd use this week's Monday music post to share some of my favorite songs of spring with you. These aren't necessarily songs that have this theme in their lyrics, rather they are songs that remind me of this time of year for one reason or another. For instance, when I hear "New English" I think of riding in the car with the windows down listening to my favorite radio show. That song came on just as the sun was setting and everything was so colorful. When I listen to "Dice" I think back to watching the video for that song one day in early April. The windows were open for the first time that year and the house smelled fresh and was filled with little breezes.

I don't know if I really have all that many readers out there, so normally I shy away from asking for any sort of response or participation. But if you do drop by this little blog of mine, I'd love to know what songs remind you of this time of year.



No comments: