Monday, March 29, 2010

monday music: franz ferdinand & marion cotillard



It's no secret that I'm pretty much a fan of anything Franz Ferdinand does. I hate to label just one group as my "favorite band" because there are so many amazing bands and artists out there who I'm absolutely in love with. But if I was FORCED to choose just one...

In any case, I was thrilled to hear this new song they did with Marion Cotillard. She's apparently the new face of Dior and the video below is a commercial of sorts. Watching this reminds me how I still really need to see La Vie en Rose.

It took me a few listens to really get into this song, but once I did it stayed in my head for days (in a good way). Sometimes you just want something fun to sing along with, you know? My only complaint is that the members of Franz Ferdinand are not actually in the video. Come on Dior! Haven't you seen these fellows? They have a pretty sharp sense of style.

No comments: