Monday, September 6, 2010

monday music: sufjan stevens

Happy Labor Day! To be honest, today felt so much like the weekend that I almost forgot all about posting, but I'm glad I remembered at the last minute because I'm very excited about this song.

Last week I posted a link to Sufjan Stevens' new EP, All Delighted People, and this week I'm back with more wonderful new music from him! 'I Walked' is a track off of his forthcoming full-length album that is due out in October. I was happy to hear a few new songs from him via the EP, but I'm already looking forward to The Age of Adz even more if the rest of it sounds anything like 'I Walked'. This is quite different from anything off his other albums. It has a quiet, electro, synth thing going on, and it works really well. I can't even tell you how many times I've listened to this song in the past week! Even though the music is different the emotional intent and delivery is very strong here, just like with all of his other songs, and I think that's what makes me love his music no matter how it changes.

No comments: