Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sometimes I am very much a creature of habit. When I am used to something, that is what I do, and then when patterns shift and that thing drops out of my routine, it takes a very concerted effort to bring certain activities back into my daily life.

Like blogging.

Also exercise.

All of this is a very roundabout way of saying that we lost power in the freak October snowstorm. I could barely believe my eyes when we woke up to this.

It felt even stranger the night before, watching the whole sky light up with bright green flashes as power lines were taken out. Very eerie indeed.

Things have been a bit simpler lately. More candles, more reading, earlier to bed. It's not terribly exciting but it's nice in its own way. But I have film from pre-snow days that I hope to share here soon, and more pictures to take as the holidays draw near. It's nice to return to my own little corner of the internet as the days get shorter.

No comments: