Thursday, April 22, 2010

pressed

Lately I've been feeling a big surge of creative energy. So much so that I have trouble falling asleep because my mind is churning with new ideas! I think I owe these new ideas in large part to the class I've been doing each Saturday since the beginning of the month. The boy and I have been making the trek to Providence weekly for a letterpress class at AS220. These lovely pictures of our adventures were taken by the boy.

We decided to do it on a whim but I'm so glad we did! It was great meeting new people and getting our hands dirty with ink. It can be a really intricate process and it's definitely got me thinking of designs in a new way.

(This is the type we set for our first class. It took much longer than you'd think.)

The day after our second class we were strolling through the local flea market and I happened to spot a table filled with Dover art books. I can't even tell you how gleeful I felt. Page upon page of beautiful, black and white, copyright free images for us to use! We left with a bunch of them, but I think my favorite is the book of animals.

I must admit I'm feeling a bit glum to be headed to work this Saturday instead of Providence, but we plan on going back and using the studio by ourselves soon. In the meantime, I'm busy leafing through our books and plotting new card layouts, poster designs and more. I'll leave you with a few pictures of the cards I made during the class.



No comments: