Monday, May 18, 2009

monday music: fleet foxes


This past week a friend clued me in to the awesome, amazing lineup going on at the Newport Folk Festival this summer. I haven't bought my ticket quite yet, but as soon as I heard that Fleet Foxes was playing, I was sold. I've been wanting to see them live for AGES. Their self-titled cd that came out last spring was pretty much all I wanted to listen to for a good month, and it's still one of my absolute favorites.

Other highlights from the festival will include:
The Decemberists
Neko Case
Iron & Wine
Ben Kweller
Josh Ritter
Pete Seeger
and many more!

To give myself a taste of what I hope to be experiencing come August 1st, I revisited one of my favorite Take-Away Shows. Watch here as Fleet Foxes perform in an abandoned wing of the Grand Palais.


No comments: