Wednesday, January 26, 2011

eat. your. greens.

Do you crave bright green in the dead of winter? Lately it's all I can think of. Rather than getting my greens in boring old salads, I much prefer to hide them in smoothies. Spinach is my favorite since the mild flavor blends especially well with fruit. I love starting my morning with a glass full of green.



Yes, I realize it looks like something out of a swamp monster movie, but it tastes delicious. Here's my recipe of choice at the moment.

Spinach (I use roughly 2 cups)
1 Banana
1 TBS ground flax seed
Frozen strawberries
Frozen raspberries
Almond milk (I don't use a precise measurement, just use a bit at a time until the consistency is right.)

Combine in blender and enjoy!

Sadly, my stash of strawberries from the summer is all used up as of this morning, but there are so many other combos to try! Some of my fast favorites included blueberries and melons. For more ideas check out this site.

No comments: